101 Facts About Alice
1. I grew up on a 100 acre farm where we mainly raised Hereford cattle.
2. I used to raise pigs for the 4-H and FFA.
3. I have one brother, who is an insurance adjustor.
4. I have 3 nephews (and one more on the way in July!)
5. I have 3 children: Jared (6), Klára (3), & Will (15 months).
6. I have only ever had one husband and his name is Rich.
7. We have been married for 13 1/2 years.
8. We started dating on July 15, 1989.
9. We met on a blind, double date.
10. I have lived in WV my entire life.
11. I played clarinet in the band, 1st seat.
12. I can't really play any other instruments, and I am not sure I could play the clarinet very well
13. I used to suffer from depression/anxiety until I started taking medication. I am also a
very BAD hypochondriac without the medication.
14. I have PCOS or what is called Stein Leventhal Syndrome.
15. I am a mega pack rat.
16. I really hate folding laundry and doing dishes.
17. I love my minivan!
18. I have a black cat named "Marco."
19. I love to sleep, but seldom can go to sleep at night.
20. The above is a serious problem because I have 3 small children at home.
21. I was teased a lot in grade school and put up with it. I stopped putting up with it in high
school and haven't taken it ever since.
22. I am a Christian (Methodist to be exact). I believe that Jesus died for my sins.
23. I love doing random acts of kindness when I can.
24. I enjoy a nice, peaceful church service with old hymns and real instruments.
25. I love to cook good old-fashioned southern food.
26. I cook very well, but make a big mess doing it.
27. I love my computer and blogging.
28. I do not have the attention span to read an entire book cover to cover without getting
bored unless it is VERY interesting.
29. I cannot stand people who think that they are the only ones entitled to an opinion.
30. I attended college for five years and have a degree in business.
31. My favorite vacation spot is Emerald Isle, NC.
32. I hate regular soda, only diet. Diet Cherry Pepsi is my favorite.
33. However, I do like sweet tea with lemon (go figure?)
34. I have never smoked or taken any drugs EVER.
35. I have drank a couple of times, only pina coladas, which I love with or without alcohol.
36. I love babies and would have as many as God would give me!
37. I wear a size 11 1/2 wide shoe and am 5 ft 10 inches tall. My weight is none of your business!
38. I hate to be alone and love to socialize.
39. I had my first child after a long labor, pre-eclampsia, gestational diabetes, & an emergency
c-section in which I lost 2 liters of blood.
40. My last two children were born through the normal process. I would recommend the normal
process anytime you can manage it.
41. I have breastfed all of my children until they are over 1 year of age.
42. I was named after both of my grandmothers: Alice Jane & Elsie Fay.
43. My name for one day was not Alice, but Alicia. My dad changed it to Alice.
44. I had a grand mal seizure when I was 4 years old and had to be on anti-seizure medication for
45. I once lived in a trailor...an OLD trailor.
46. I once lived in a back apartment that was falling apart.
47. I now live in a 2-story house!
48. I didn't get my driver's license until I was nearly 19 years old.
49. I didn't drive until I was about 21 years old.
50. I suffer from extreme road rage at times.
51. I worked in a veterinarian's office for several years.
52. My mother is an artist.
53. I am moody.
54. Humidity + My Hair = Frizz. I have naturally curly hair.
55. I am VERY GOOD at investigating and fact finding.
56. I am mostly Irish and American Indian. However I have a bit of German, English, & Swedish in me.
57. I am the best friend you will ever have or the worst enemy. I can turn if provoked.
58. My favorite foods are Italian and Mexican.
59. My favorite sit-down restaurant is the Outback Steakhouse.
60. My favorite fast food restaurant is Taco Bell.
61. I am extremely frugal and love a bargain.
62. My favorite grocery store is Aldi.
63. I love Avon makeup.
64. The only jewelry I wear is my wedding and engagement rings.
65. I have my house decorated in a nautical theme.
66. I don't like winter or summer...but I love spring and fall.
67. I like snow only on Christmas day.
68. I very seldom buy new clothes for myself.
69. I love taking digital pictures.
70. I do not like to drink water unless it is from my parent's well on the farm, bottled, or filtered.
71. I suffered and almost died from liver failure in 1994. This was caused, mainly, by tylenol.
72. I love to talk on the telephone.
73. I am 32 years old.
74. I enjoy going for walks with my kids.
75. I tape my mouth shut at night to keep from snoring.
76. I have big ambitions, but little follow-through.
77. Unlike many adults, I love the Wiggles and miss hearing their songs since my kids got sick of them.
78. My favorite icecream is "Bunny Tracks" by Blue Bunny. DON'T READ THE NUTRITION INFO!
79. My favorite candy is Lindor Blanc by Lindt of Switzerland.
80. Unfortuantely, I don't eat much of either of the above items.
81. I get nervous when the electricity goes out.
82. I am a rather strict parent.
83. I like all different types of music.
84. Every dog I have ever gotten in my adult life has turned out to be stupid so I don't
have a dog anymore and don't want one. All of my childhood pet dogs were smart.
85. I can sit and hold a baby all day long if I could. I'm holding one right now! hehehe
86. I love the Dollar Tree.
87. I am seriously allergic to poison ivy and yellow jackets.
88. I love to go fishing.
89. I didn't realize how long this 101 list would take!
90. I saw a cow get struck by lightening once. I ran!
91. My favorite colors are blues and greens.
92. I am anti-abortion and conservative with my views.
93. My favorite kitchen utensil is the Magic Whisk.
94. The only sport I really enjoy watching is a good hockey game. I do not enjoy playing sports.
95. My favorite soap operas are "The Young & The Restless" & "The Bold & The Beautiful."
96. My favorite TV shows include "CSI," "ER," "Super Nanny," "Wife Swap," and "Extreme Home
97. My first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage.
98. I have been in two car accidents. The last one being when I was 9 months pregnant with Will &
had to spend the night in the hospital.
99. I have one sister-in-law & one brother-in-law.
100. I was in dance classes for nearly 5 years.
101. I am a former girl scout.